Marlette Funding, provider of Best Egg loans is looking for a Director of Audit to support essential business process, create and manage strategic audit plans and manage audit vendors.
This is an important, strategic role within a growing business with a great reputation. Since our launch in 2014, Best Egg has offered over $6 Billion in personal loans and we earned a Top Work Places 2018 title by Delaware News Journal. Based in our corporate headquarters in Wilmington, DE this position is highly visible and essential in supporting growth and managing risk.
- Create a strategic, repeatable audit plan that encompasses the entire business, determine timelines and departmental involvement.
- Examine internal business process across multiple departments to identify areas in need of internal audit with the goal of process improvement.
- Develop actionable audit plans based upon internal risk assessment documents and relevant feedback from external parties.
- Act as primary liaison between all audit vendors (both internal and external) taking initiative to ensure that each department complies with audit requests.
- Present audit strategy, plans and results to Executive Leaders.
- Work closely with internal accounting & finance teams to identify additional areas for audit, create a strategy to execute those audits.
- Determine volume and time intervals of audits across all departments within the business.
- Coordinate efforts with compliance department to complement existing efforts and support business operations as a unit.
- Manage audit schedule and timeline, communicate deadlines to others and ensure every audit is completed on time and with total accuracy.
- Update audit programs and document process, progress and results.
- Ensure all regulation changes are reflected in audit programs and are kept up to date.
- Recommend actions as follow up to audit results to further mitigate risk.
- Deliver elect audits, determine which audits should be done internally and which audits are best performed by vendors.
- 5+ years audit experience, must have prior experience creating and executing a strategic audit plan.
- Financial Services industry experience preferred, knowledge of current financial services laws and regulation is a strong plus..
- Experience executing key functions in Microsoft Office including Excel, ability to learn internal software applications and utilize new tools.
- Knowledge of risk management as it applies to multiple departments including accounting, finance, technology and operations.
- Strong communication skills to present strategy & key results to executive leaders and senior directors.
- Excellent decision-making skills, prior experience making decisions that impact the business.
- Team -player motivated to work with multiple departments to drive results as a unit.
- Experience creating and managing multiple audit timelines that span multiple years.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and third-party development firms.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change through tooling or practices
- Previous experience leading Associate-level Developers OR demonstration of effective leadership characteristics
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing a sprint plan, and able to communicate status effectively
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
In addition to our interview process, all candidates will need to evidence of their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork, ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment
Please complete the online employment application, and be sure to attach your resume. Qualified applicants may be contacted within several business days.