The Director of Database Administration will be responsible for managing the company’s database environment including overseeing the development, organization, assessment and implementation of new and existing database technologies. In this role, you will be involved with defining the database and analytics strategy and will be responsible for evaluating database technologies, designing analytics solutions, and providing technical oversight and technical leadership on data projects. The ideal candidate has a high sense of urgency, a bias toward growth, and can be successful working with autonomy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the company’s databases: backups, performance, access control and permissions.
- Support IT and business users in their day to day activities utilizing the Database
- Ensure all data systems are operating in compliance with Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Assist with architecture and platform decisions in regard to data systems and persistence.
- Support the expansion of the existing data warehousing environment, while simultaneously building a modern analytics environment; mapping a path towards a consolidated data framework.
- Work closely with various internal and external stakeholders to clarify business requirements, remove roadblocks, and align business vision into product strategy and solution.
- Assist internal and external teams in developing and executing a strategic vision for business intelligence, advanced and predictive analytics, and event-driven data solutions.
- Evaluate and implement new database technologies to meet the growing needs of the business while ensuring fit within a larger digital technology ecosystem and technology strategy.
- Technically hands on Director managing data systems.
- Report to the Senior Director of Infrastructure.
- Function as an internal consulting resource on database and analytic platforms.
- Maintain and create database infrastructure documentation.
- Architect and maintain disaster recovery plan for all database systems.
- Work with cross functional teams to improve performance in persistence layer.
- Work within budget, and evaluate new partners, their statements of work, and their services.
- Ability to work off-hours and provide on-call support as needed.
Directors joining Marlette Funding’s Information Technology Organization can expect to enjoy a culture embracing the concepts of Continuous Delivery, Total Quality Management, Knowledge Sharing, Personal and Career Advancement, Empowerment, Innovation, and Collective Ownership.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in database administration
- Advanced to Expert experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in AWS database platforms (RDS Aurora and RedShift)
- Experience in AWS analytics platforms (Athena, EMR, QuickSight, Glue)
- Expertise in database systems, data mining, predictive modeling, statistical analysis, personalization, reporting, and visualizations.
- Experience in SAS Software is a plus
- Strong creative ability, analytical skills, ability to grasp new concepts quickly and independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving techniques and demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined teams.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and third party development firms.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring
- Previous experience leading Associate-level colleagues OR demonstration of effective leadership characteristics
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing a project plan, and able to communicate status effectively
- Strong sense of ownership – Feeling of personal accountability for all areas directly or indirectly supporting the business/service area. Willingness to drive people on all sides of an issue to a common understanding and then drive them toward resolution.
- Communication – Able to clearly communicate ideas in technical or business terms with senior business leadership, external vendors, their peers across IT, as well as their team.
- Leadership – Assess a situation, prioritize requirements, and then go out to any team and get support as needed.
- Self-starter – Has a strong sense of self and purpose. Understands tasks and role, and does not need daily direction, yet maintains an open dialogue with stakeholders.
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
In addition to our interview process, all candidates will need to evidence of their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork, ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment
Please complete the online employment application, and be sure to attach your resume. Qualified applicants may be contacted within several business days.