Experience: 5-10 Years
All Marlette Funding’s Information Technologists must advocate for the creation of software assets used to drive business value both in the short and long term while respecting Customer Experience and Organizational Control objectives. The Sr. Lead Engineer will work directly with Associate Software developers daily and contribute leadership and technical expertise to achieve shared objectives. The Sr. Lead Engineer will participate in product centric, cross-functional, Agile Teams composed of Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Developers and Automation Engineers. The Sr. Lead Engineer is expected to influence this team and adjacent teams on occasion by identifying opportunities and proposing solutions.
The Sr. Lead Engineer will be accountable for the timeliness and quality of the engineering products produced within their assigned product team. It is imperative the Sr. Lead Engineer is capable of recognizing Minimum Viable Product (MVP) features sets, risks, and dependencies and recommend iterative delivery packages to maximize business value and minimize time to market. Additionally, the Sr. Lead Engineer will be accountable for executing development activities aligned with agreed development and quality control standards. The Sr. Lead Engineer should encourage and promote Associate Developers to exhibit the same behaviors. The Sr. Lead Engineer will ensure production of technical documentation and supporting processes as solutions are delivered.
Internal and External Stakeholder satisfaction will be a component of measuring performance.
- Develop and deliver software iteratively and incrementally
- Perform Unit Test, Integration Tests, and implement supporting testing utilities
- Interpret, confirm, and/or challenge business requirements and document technical requirements
- Explain and discuss the importance of good software design and the pros and cons of best practices such as styling, documentation, refactoring, test driven design, and pair programming with the broader team
- Lead the development team through continuous improvement activities
- Provide peer/mentor support for Development staff
- Participate in group knowledge sharing as both a consumer and supplier of knowledge
Sr. Software Developers joining Marlette Funding’s Information Technology Organization can expect to enjoy a culture embracing the concepts of Continuous Delivery, Total Quality Management, Knowledge Sharing, Personal and Career Advancement, Empowerment, Innovation, and Collective Ownership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise web development experience
- 2+ years working as a lead or senior developer within a team of developers
- Basic understanding and querying knowledge for relational database is a must.(No SQL like MongoDB is a plus).
- Clear understanding and experience is building web container with needed configuration to stand up a website.
- Should have good skills with HTML5 and CSS or LESS framework with good exposure in building UI/UX design templates.
- Building restful service using java spring boot is a plus.
- Ability to create high-level design documents, sample screen images, workflow diagrams, and lead stakeholders through white-board design discussions
- Proven track record of innovation, clever problem solving, and high-quality rapid delivery
- Exposure to and understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Test Automation constructs and procedures.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and third party development firms.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, leading change through tooling or practices
- Previous experience leading Associate-level Developers OR demonstration of effective leadership characteristics
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing a sprint plan, and able to communicate status effectively
- Passionate about reducing manual and repetitive work when designing and building tools used by internal colleagues
- Advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Pair Programming)
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
In addition to the interview process, all candidates will need to evidence their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork and ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment.
Please submit your resume online. Qualified applicants will be contacted within several business days. Applicants will be required to complete Marlette Funding’s candidate assessment.