The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of cloud based services, systems hardware and software and related office infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Marlette office environment. This individual ensures that cloud based services, system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from testing to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux, Apple and Windows systems that support office infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, cloud based services, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install/Onboard and configure services supporting end user computing needs.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Configure, manage and maintain OS level system images based upon Marlette build standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all office hardware, server resources, systems and cloud based services, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, conduct recovery excercises, to ensure business Recovery Time Objectives are met.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Perform user provisioning upon request.
- Provide Tier II/other support per request from Helpdesk staff. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Act as escalation point for all problem and urgent requests and system/security incidents.
- Document, track, and monitor assigned tickets to ensure timely resolution.
- Determine the root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Maintain a “Solutions” repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to internal and external customers.
- Provide Helpdesk support during peek times
- Other duties as assigned
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supporting infrastructure applications per project or operational need.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain office computing environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- Four to six years’ system administration experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines
- Strong problem-solving techniques and demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined teams
- An overall can-do attitude, the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, and willingness to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- In addition to the interview process, all candidates will need to evidence their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork and ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and external auditors.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, getting buy-ins on the models from all relevant constituents.
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing a sprint plan, and able to communicate status effectively
- Effectively collaborate remotely.
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Please complete the online employment application, and be sure to attach your resume. Qualified applicants may be contacted within several business days.
In addition to our interview process, all candidates will need to evidence of their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork, ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment