CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides protections and provisions to California residents. In compliance with the CCPA, Best Egg is fully committed to handling the personal information of consumers responsibly with respect and due care.
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information, including the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months and the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that we are only required to respond to two such requests per customer each year.
This summary outlines how Best Egg collects, uses, and shares personal information:
Uses: Information is used for the purpose of determining loan eligibility, processing requests, and servicing funded loans. Some information may be used for marketing purposes and to enhance your customer experience.
Sells / Discloses: Information is shared with service providers and affiliates to administer services and may be shared with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and the courts as permitted by law.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT
Listed below is a summary of the rights you are entitled to as a California resident under the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- To request information about yourself that has been collected, used, disclosed or sold;
- To request to be deleted, subject to certain exceptions, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, certain information related to the processing of applications and the servicing of accounts within the normal course of business is required to be maintained;
- To request the disclosure of the categories of personal information collected, the category sources, the purpose of collection and the categories of information that has been shared or sold along with the business purpose;
- To opt-out of the sale of personal information. Please note that the collection and sharing of certain information is needed to comply with federal law and to provide certain products and services;
- And, to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights. Please note that incentives may be extended to consumers who permit their personal information to be shared or sold.
If you wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, as defined by the CCPA, you may submit your request online. You may also contact Best Egg at (866) 615-4323.