This role will work closely with the Director of Accounting to develop and maintain internal accounting policies for current and new company initiatives. The manager will have responsibility for setting the accounting policies and maintaining oversight over the adoption and compliance for those policies. The manager will partner with other parts of finance (Capital Markets and FP&A) as well as teams across the business to provide accounting and deal structuring guidance. Will also provide support for day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain internal accounting policies for current and new company initiatives
- Evaluate all proposed transactions for accounting and reporting implications
- Assist in preparation of technical accounting memos regarding current and upcoming accounting policies
- Provide accounting support for monthly transactions and month end close process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of materials for annual external audits
- Assist in the preparation of annual corporate tax returns
- CPA required
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in public accounting setting
- Experience performing research related to technical accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (pivot and lookup tables)
- ERP systems experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- Tax experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly new systems
- Strong problem-solving techniques and demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined teams.
- An overall can-do attitude, the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, and willingness to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
In addition to our interview process, all candidates will need to evidence of their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork, ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment
Please complete the online employment application, and be sure to attach your resume. Qualified applicants may be contacted within several business days.