The data analyst will be a critical member of the Decision Science (Credit Risk) team and will have the ownership of Credit performance reporting. The incumbent will have a specific focus on analyzing actual vs. expected risk and return levels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Credit performance trend reports on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Develop repeatable and scalable data quality audits to ensure reporting accuracy and consistency.
- Automate the existing and future reporting process using SAS, SQL Database, and MS Excel platforms.
- Interface with the Technology team to explore and implement a more robust reporting solution when an opportunity presents.
- Perform trend analysis and ‘actual expected’ analytics to determine primary drivers to the business problems or challenges.
- Perform quarterly risk model validation and summarize findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Engineering, or other quantitative major required
- Strong experience with SAS, SQL Database, and MS Excel. Must know how to automate the data flow using those platforms.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-discipline for organized code and file versioning.
- 1-2 years (or more) experience.
- Previous experience in the finance industry is preferred.
In addition to the interview process, all candidates will need to evidence their initiative, level of analytical reasoning, teamwork and ability to collaborate on projects, adaptability, and strength in verbal and written skills by completing a separate candidate assessment.
Please submit your resume online. Qualified applicants will be contacted within several business days. Applicants will be required to complete Marlette Funding’s candidate assessment.